Located on the original site of the Stax Records studio in Memphis, Tennessee, the Stax Museum pays special tribute to the artists who recorded there, as well as other American soul legends, with interactive exhibits, films, stage costumes, musical instruments, vintage recording equipment used at Stax, records, photographs, permanent and changing galleries, and a rare and amazing collection of more than 2,000 items of memorabilia and artifacts.
*One of McKenzie's favorite museums!
Noted as one of the nation's premier heritage and cultural museums, the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tennessee, is steadfast in its mission to share the culture and lessons from the American Civil Rights Movement and explore how this significant era continues to shape equality and freedom globally.
*Our number one recommendation if you have never been.
The Memphis Zoo spans 70 acres and is home to more than 4,500 animals, representing over 500 different species. The Memphis Zoo is one of only four zoos in the United States to exhibit giant pandas. Giant pandas "Ya Ya" and "Le Le" live in the Zoo’s exhibit, CHINA – a facility that features animals that are indigenous to China, complete with authentic Chinese gardens and architecture.
Need we say more? Our favorite bar is Silky O' Sullivans!
* McKenzie always orders the vegan pancakes with a side of fried chicken. Don't knock it until you try it!
* You will need to arrive early for a seat. McKenzie loves their omelettes!
* Regular brunch spot for Wade and McKenzie. You will need to make a reservation.
* A favorite BBQ place in Memphis. Try their BBQ nachos!
* You can't go wrong with a World Famous Huey's Burger!
* One of McKenzie's family's favorites. Would be a great late night spot as well.
* Great for lunch or dinner! Wade's favorite is the Roast Beef PoBoy. Chef Kelly English is a household name in Memphis!
* Wade and McKenzie's favorite restaurant in Memphis! You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.
* Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman's 4th restaurant in Memphis and first restaurant Downtown, is a blend of grandmother cooking, Italian philosophy of dining, and southern ingredients to the heart of the city.
*McKenzie's dad's favorite restaurant! Best place for a wood fire pizza and a beer.
* A great inside/ outside bar that is huge! Tons of options here (including food).
* Wade and McKenzie's favorite brewery in Memphis! Close to shops and restaurants.
* Enjoy a distillery tour!
* A very fun, funky bar. It's in an old Victorian house!
* Wade and McKenzie's FAVORITE bakery in Memphis! Wade's favorite is the Prozac. McKenzie's is the Grasshopper!
* A Memphis staple! You must get a Supreme Snow Cone. Trust me, you won't regret it.
* Another Memphis staple and a Scofield family favorite! Bonus: they're open 24/7.